- Did you know that 1 in 3 people over the age of 65 have a disabling hearing loss?
- Worldwide, 432,000,000 adults and 34,000,000 children have disabling hearing loss.
- By the year 2050, it is estimated that over 900,000,000 people will have disabling hearing loss.
- 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes.
- 1.1 billion people between 12 and 35 are at risk of hearing loss due to noise exposure.
Do not become a statistic! Protect your hearing when you will be exposed to sounds over 85 dB and have regular hearing evaluations to monitor your hearing. If you have a diagnosed hearing loss, seek proper treatment. If you have any questions about hearing testing, hearing loss, or treatment options, please call our office at 443-295-7100.
*Statistics provided by the World Health Organization